"49% Pop/Rock, 49% Bluegrass/Country, 2% Folk (and other inert elements)"

Bluegrass & Beyond NYC Blog

Bluegrass & Beyond acoustic jam (since 2008) - held the 1st, 3rd, and 5th (odd) Mondays of each month, 7:30 at Paddy Reilly's Pub, 519 2nd Ave., N.Y., N.Y. 10016. Hosted by Dave Comins.

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

June 15, 2009 Jam

Hi B + B ers:


Consider this your last warning for the next TWO Bluegrass And Beyond jams - the next 2 Mondays, June 29th and July 6th, Paddy Reilly's Pub (SW corner of 2nd and 29th), 7:30 p.m..


The bad news is that you won't get an e-mail next week because Sarah and I are vacationing at a retreat center with the parental units - the good news is that I won't be at this Monday's jam.


That's right, all those secret chat rooms and blogs that you thought I didn't know about:


"I could run this jam better than him with my eyes and ears closed .com", "Why does every song he does seem to have a Cm in it? .com", "At least his wife is good looking .com" and my favorite, "Why does he always order a Mexican beer in an Irish bar? .com" (which suspiciously seems to emanate from inside of Paddy's! 


You'll be in good hands this week with co-host Bill and guest host A J. More bad news, I'll be back (just barely) on the 6th - the good news, Sarah will be too... 


Last jam was notable for the triumphant return of Brett (from Thailand) sporting a new Clapton - model Martin guitar, and Micheal (from N.J. - not quite as exotic, although I guess it depends what part you're talking about). He wasn't sporting anything.



Maybe in commemoration of Pete's 90th birthday, recently celebrated, it seemed kinda folky last week - Gordon Lightfoot, Kris Kristofferson, Dylan, etc.. I figure that was the ampersand part of Bluegrass & Beyond (If you don't know what an ampersand is, ask Bill this week... just don't ask me when I get back.).



I hadn't done "Me And Bobby McGee" for a while - it's a good song. Way to go Anina.


Brett's "Across The Universe" was interesting, though. "Pools of sorrow, waves of joy..." sounds like a typical night at Bluegrass and Beyond.


On the off chance that our retreat center is cell-friendly, I'll send out an e-mail again next week - otherwise, see you on the 6th of July...



For you newer people, feel free to pass the e-mail address below to anyone you think might be interested joining our mailing list. Just remember our ground rules - have fun, acoustic only and 49% pop / rock, 49% bluegrass / country and 2% folk (and other inert elements).

No comments: