"49% Pop/Rock, 49% Bluegrass/Country, 2% Folk (and other inert elements)"

Bluegrass & Beyond NYC Blog

Bluegrass & Beyond acoustic jam (since 2008) - held the 1st, 3rd, and 5th (odd) Mondays of each month, 7:30 at Paddy Reilly's Pub, 519 2nd Ave., N.Y., N.Y. 10016. Hosted by Dave Comins.

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Bluegrass And Beyond Jam Blog Is Up

Hi folks:





For those of you who can't get enough of Bluegrass And Beyond (hint - do you have our poster in your wallet where your kid's photo should be?) - there is now officially a blog:




Apparently, a few of you wanted a place where you could compliment Bill and myself for our fine leadership - although, truth be told, I compliment myself on a regular basis already!



It will give people a place to comment about jams, talk about songs, refresh memories from older jams - and compliment Bill and I ...(oops, I can't believe I said that again).



Bill, my co-host, will finally have a place to directly comment on each jam himself - without having to pray that I haven't driven away too many more jammers with my latest missive.


As far as logistics, you will not have to have a Google account to comment in the blog - at least for the time being.



If you comment, please sign your first name in the comment box, no anonymous comments. There is a word verification to complete before it submits - to keep down spamming on my end.


I will have moderator privileges - which means that I have to approve each comment before posting. I cannot edit comments - only allow or disallow them. Comments can be deleted at a later date, if you decide to. Just let me know.


In addition, I will edit the main posts if someone feels strongly about having their (first) name mentioned with an occurrence. Please let me know - send a comment to me with "not for posting" included within. I will not post any comment that is obviously intended for my eyes alone - as moderator of the blog - concerning content.



I will be editing out any last names on the blog, except for public figures - unless requested otherwise by you individually.



I'll make sure to check for pending comments a couple times a week to allow for timely posting.



There is also a search function - it is, after all, hosted by Google.


I apologize in advance for any glitches that may occur during the first couple of weeks, and, of course, feedback is welcome (assuming I decide to post your comment - just kidding). If you don't want your feedback posted - put "do not post" in the comment box - and I'll only read it myself, before deleting. However, if it's nasty, I won't even read it myself before deleting (see complimenting Dave and Bill above)...



On a personal note, while creating this archive of the jam mailings (we're coming up on the one year anniversary), it struck me how much has happened during the last year, how may people worked to bring in great songs (in and outside of the bluegrass genre), and, finally, just how much fun we've been having. It's really been a great way to kick-off, shorten, or, (some might say), wreck the work week - or (to all you glass half full people) - lengthen the weekend.


Thanks to my co-host, Bill Giles, for running the jams, my wife Sarah, for creating our poster and, in reality, acting as a third co-host - and to all of you for coming on a regular basis through snow, rain, holidays and "disco" - even after reading these e-mailings!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! I can hardly believe it more B & B goodness! Congratulations guys and good luck on this new endeavour.

Warren

Bill said...

Looks good! I'm looking forward to more music, fun, and consuming lots of coffee on Tuesday mornings...