"49% Pop/Rock, 49% Bluegrass/Country, 2% Folk (and other inert elements)"

Bluegrass & Beyond NYC Blog

Bluegrass & Beyond acoustic jam (since 2008) - held the 1st, 3rd, and 5th (odd) Mondays of each month, 7:30 at Paddy Reilly's Pub, 519 2nd Ave., N.Y., N.Y. 10016. Hosted by Dave Comins.

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Apr. 6, 2009 Jam

Hi folks... a little late this time,


This Monday, the 20th, 7:30 at Paddy Reilly's Pub (SW corner of 29th and 2nd) - Bluegrass and Beyond continues it's wayward journey.


Sarah and I just returned from a week on the Blue Ridge Parkway, instruments in hand (or, at least, in car), so we're ready to play. Our "Home (really) Was Across the Blue Ridge Mountains" - "Dixie Breakdown" anyone?


I don't have much to say about the last jam, except that Bill ran it smoothly and it sounded really good from where I was sitting - my construction buddies kept me pretty occupied all evening. Outside of suggesting that I keep my day job, they told me that they liked the way you all sounded - especially Chris. It was suggested that he sounded so good that he should be riding across the silver screen on a big horse with a cowboy hat, serenading cacti. Or, maybe they said that he looked like a horse eating cacti out of a cowboy hat - it was too late in the evening...


I did overhear a lively conversation between Banjo Mike's roommate and one of my friends, Mick about the place of the diggery doo in American music today (both play... and apparently Mike's OTHER roommate plays as well, God help us all!). Bill and I are convening a special session of the Bluegrass and Beyond General Council to ascertain the extent of this problem, and hopefully, nip it in the bud before it spreads further. 


The last 3-4 jams have been really hot so thanks for contributing your talents and enthusiasm, and feel free to give anyone my e-mail address below to be on the mailing list. Also, if you want off the list, just send me a quick e-mail saying: "Enough already...".


See you Monday,

No comments: