"49% Pop/Rock, 49% Bluegrass/Country, 2% Folk (and other inert elements)"

Bluegrass & Beyond NYC Blog

Bluegrass & Beyond acoustic jam (since 2008) - held the 1st, 3rd, and 5th (odd) Mondays of each month, 7:30 at Paddy Reilly's Pub, 519 2nd Ave., N.Y., N.Y. 10016. Hosted by Dave Comins.

Saturday, December 5, 2009

A J Bender In Paddy's "Songwriter Idol" Finals This Tuesday

Bluegrass & Beyonders:



This special edition of the newsletter is to inform you that our newest co-host, AJ Bender - in his ongoing attempt to prove his jam-leading worthiness to co-hosts Bill and I - will be one of the 15 finalists in the Paddy's "Songwriter Idol" contest this Tuesday night from 7:30 to 10:30 or so.


Come on down and support him...  Here is his invite:


"Hey All – hope you are doing well.
I have been participating in a singer songwriter competition over the last two months at Paddy Reilly’s Bar in Manhattan . 
I am pleased and happy to announce that I have made it to the final round of competition, which is this Tuesday, December 8th. 
The final top prize is $500.00 dollars. The contestants will be evaluated by a panel of 5 judges. 
One of the criteria will be the audience reaction & voting. Audience members will be given ballots for each drink they purchase (there is also a $5.00 cover)
So I’m asking you if you might be able to come down to Paddy Reilly’s Music Bar: 
512 2nd Avenue in Manhattan at 29th Street this Tuesday December 8th at 7:30 pm. I would really appreciate your support. 
While I’m not so vain to believe that I will win this event, I do sincerely believe that I have a good chance of doing so, or at least finishing in one of the top 5 slots.
I hope to see you down there this Tuesday. Thanks for all your help !
Happy Holidays Y’all (PS – I’m going to play a Christmas Song !)
A J"


No comments: